View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #1
darish
Yorkie Talker

Question Bad Breeder? PLEASE help me find out

I bought my first Yorkie from a breeder in Oregon (I live in California) after talking to several breeders 6 months ago. Rexi, who I love and who is part of our family was the smallest and cutest boy of the litter weighing at just under two pounds. At the time, I knew very little about how to purchase a dog. The breeder offered to meet me half way and collect $950 which she claimed was very low. I saw all the pictures and was told he would be AKC registered. A few days before meeting up with her, she told me she would send the papers out a week later (RED FLAG), but I went ahead with it and brought Rexi home. I ended up recieving the papers 2 months later (application) and discovered the name of the breeder was different from the name of the lady who sold Rexi to me. The problem is, in the "puppy contract" we both signed, she had put breeder under her name. I was very upset by this and so I called her up. She told me she was the breeder and went into a lengthy explanation (I didn't fully understand) about how the mom was with someone else. She offered to take Rexi back for a full refund (but I was tooooo attached ) and so I told her I would settle for half the price because I would never know if he came from a puppy mill. She refused. I bluffed and told her I want a refund, and she told me she would give me one and she didn't consider me a good Dad now because I was willing to return him so easily. Fortunately, Rexi is an incredible boy and I am very happy with him. She claimed that her husband, who was a lawyer wrote the contract and so he made an honest mistake. What do you think? Rexi comes from Raptures Secret kennel which can be found online (only one incomplete page not showing any of the dogs). Should I take this lady to court? Should I file a complaint with the AKC? Money is not an issue here, it is the principle. I am willing to spend anything to prevent her from doing this to anyone else if her husband didnt' really make an "honest mistake".

Last edited by darish; 09-22-2004 at 12:18 AM.
darish is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!