View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #10
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

They are 'unique' for sure. They have their own personalities, dislikes, fetishes, fears, and desires, and sometimes their 'rebellious' mode is cute...for a little while, anyway...lol

My Yorkie-Poo of long ago...the little heartbeat that inspired my Yorkie love from childhood on throughout my life...would literally "snub" me when I violated his desires too much...nose in the air, head up and tilted off to the side away from me, eyes squinty peeking down out of them at me...it was soooo funny and made me laugh...and he would snub me more...for a little while anyway then he was Mommy's baby boy again!

So, I do not know what to suggest except maybe if you hang something that Bella loves...or that smells really yummy to her from your belt or arm or attach higher on her lead than she can quite reach, maybe she'd be willing to follow...but I dunno if she'd be so easily 'fooled'...lol She's obviously got her 'druthers' and she's not subtle about druthering not walk in that darling photo of her...lol

Mia will walk out into wet grass, but was not wanting to be out in the rain. Brody, I, more often than not, have to carry outside and set him down in wet grass (oh, and he directs me to THE location he is willing to land on...lol), and more often than not must go fetch him off the porch and do it over 'cuz he'll run straight away back to the house if I put him where he doesn't want to be...lol

When it was raining and they had to go out...we do have p-pads down as a backup for them but they rarely use them...I would carry each...1 at a time...and carry them outside under an umbrella and keep it over them so they could do their bit while I stood around getting wet in the rain...and they would 'freak' about the umbrella while I was carrying them under it.

I finally found raincoats that I like that fit them...they are sooooo cute, the raincoats...and then a few weeks later, it finally rained. I reminded DH about the raincoats and he put them on Brody and Mia to take them out when he got home from work 'cuz it was still raining some, and he said they both walked out and trotted around the yard quite proud of themselves in the rain in their new duds...then would not allow us to remove the raincoats for several hours. He tried to remove the raincoats when they got back in the house and they physically blocked him from doing it with their heads and paws and then would run away from him...lol I finally removed the raincoats 3-4 hours later, and they weren't all that happy about it then.

Very unique, these babies...and only part of why we love them sooooooo much!

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!