View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #41
TeakasMom
Yorkie Yakker

So I'm not the only one who feels that way? Hi everyone, newbie here. I have always had a dog in my life. Always. I grew up with a Black Lab. Loved him. Then it was a YorkiPoo, loved him as well. Now, I have my Yorkie, Teaka. I love Teaka, I really do. She is a great addition to my family, constant companion to my elderly parents. Part of me wishes I never got her though. However I can't picture my family without a dog. I should of done research on the Yorkie breed. I jumped into getting her withouth any prior knowledge and that is my own fault. I find her high maintence. Not has in clothes, diamond studded collars or anything like that. Just with her food issues, her skin allergy, her weight problem. She is straining me financially sometimes. I know I have to be more proactive when it comes to Teaka. I'm at work 9 hours out of the day. I come home and shes excited to see me. Her lil nub starts to wag. I look at her face and there is no way I could rehome her. Although I've thought about it and mentioned it.

I'm pretty sure Teaka is/will be my first and last Yorkie. She totally doesn't fit my lifestyle. I got her for my parents to be more active, its not working. So it has all come down on me. To take care of my parents, the dog, the house, my cat, and have a full time job.

I am the type of person to follow thought my committments though. Teaka is loved and she knows it. I will not give her up because she isn't what I expected. I will not rehome her because she has allergies. To make my life better, I am going to change myself for Teaka. It will be beneficial to both of us. Now that is love.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!