View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
KimInMD
Donating YT 500 Club Member

When I was a young mother with four active children, I felt exactly like you do. Running a busy household kept me going 24/7, and there was never a day off! I loved our family dog to pieces, but he was just that, the family dog. Now the kids are grown, and the house is quiet. Did you know the refrigerator makes a humming sound when it kicks on? I never did until my kids were gone. Adopting Lola from the rescue made me aware of the plight of puppy mill dogs. Soon, I was taking in fosters. I needed something to nurture, and well, those little guys needed someone who would love and be patient with them while their bodies and spirits healed. It was a match made in heaven. My husband of 33 years is my soul mate. I love that man more each day! And my grand babies, well, they are the most handsome, perfect angels on God's green earth. I belong to the ladies guild, I scuba dive, garden, and decorate model homes for builders. My life has purpose and meaning. While everyone else is busy with their live's priorities, mine are my fur girls. This is where I'm at during this new season of my life. I don't expect everyone to understand or agree, and I don't stand in judgement of those who feel differently. Sami_girl, kiss your little boys often, and take lots of "heart moment" snapshots to hide in your heart, because they'll be grown and off to college in the blink of an eye! Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to you!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!