View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Princess10
Banning Queen

For me I got Princess so my life could basically revolve around her. My skin daughter was 12 at the time & exercising her newly earned freedom with friends, etc. while I was abruptly put on disability from a job I'd spent the last nine years at. I thought we could get a dog to keep me busy & for me to spoil. This was about 2.5 years ago & I've been back to work for about nine months now. Sometimes I feel guilty that Princess wants to play & I'm just too tired & unmotivated so I usually just force myself. However, that's something I'm working on changing. She has a very demanding personality (as many yorkies can) but if her basic needs are being met I don't always go the extra mile. It took a lot of training on my part to stop it. I still hate to leave her home alone & try to take her to my parents if I know we'll be gone for the day. Lord knows I've spent too much of my life sleeping-I don't wish the same for her.

I think that as much as you can prepare your life for a pet they always require more than we think, just like a human child. I hope you're able to find a balance that makes you both happy so she does not bring out any resentment. I also hope you don't feel guilty to not giving into every little whim. Some can and some do, but it's not the only way to be a puppy parent.

I'm glad you're honest about your truth, perhaps if others were it could save a lot of heartache for a furkid or their parent.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!