View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

It seems that I've had cats and dogs for the past 20 years of my life. I have loved and cherished every moment that I have had and have with them. When my cats came into my life, I owned my own bar so I worked like 90 hours a week so it was very apparent that the cats and I wouldn't get to spend that much time together. But when I was home, yes, they definitely got all the attention that I could give them--but I didn't and do not have children of my own either.

As life progressed, vacations came and went and the cats well being was looked after by friends. This arrangement worked for some time and then hubby got a job where we were gone every weekend from May thru October and the cats needed to be looked after by a cat sitter. Boy was that an awakening, to have "someone else" take care of my babies. Well, they and I both survived.

There are days that I would like a few moments to myself now. And I do take a few extra moments in the mornings. Thankfully hubby takes them out in the a.m. and I get to lounge about a little before the day gets hectic.

I was a bit different than you as I was an at home doggie mom for the first 2 years of Hot Rod's life and Maggie's 1st. Boy did I feel terrible and guilty about leaving them. I only worked 5 minutes away but only got a 1/2 hour for lunch. I would bring a sandwich so I could eat it while driving or at my desk and then make a mad dash to walk them and then drive like a maniac back to work. lol

Eventually I relaxed...they do use pads also. So why was I so driving like a crazed person to take them out every day? I eventually was able to skip a day or so and they survived. I do on occasion, go out for the day and run my errands and they still manage to survive.

I love them to pieces but can totally understand the "me" factor. Hot Rod is almost 5 and there are times that he will go off into the sunroom and lay about and look out the windows all by himself. I tell myself, if he can take his time by himself, then so can I.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!