View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Sami_girl
YT Addict

Default My truth...is it anyone else's?

We got Sami in early Feb. I paid a small fortune (IMO) for her and have since spent a couple more small fortunes on treats, toys, clothes, beds, a doll clothes armoire, doggy daycare, vet, etc. She is the little girl I never had. Now here is the big truth part... I am not a animal person. My life does not revolve around her. I have two young boys and a husband. My life revolves around the boys. I like Sami, even love her, take great care off her but sometimes I wish we hadn't got her. It is a lot of work and guilt. The guilt is because I like to take my boys to a lot of activities. She is never alone for more than 4 hours at a time, but I feel bad when she is left alone that long. And she has attached herself to me, but I need my space. I don't even like my kids to be on my lap all the time, so I certainly am not going to let her. Not to say I don't love on her or play with her, I do! My husband does and the boys love her. But I can tell she would love to be my little lap dog. Please don't take this post wrong, like she is neglected or mistreated, she is so not. She sleeps in her pink kennel and everyday at 5:30 am whines, so I go lay on the couch with her for another hour and a half. Every day! Sometimes my husband will do it, but she prefers me. I have seen people on here say their Yorkie "owns them" and other comments about him/her being the center of their lives, but this is not the case with me. She is very well cared for in fact spoiled but not the center of my life. I am sure someone with no kids would love for her to be their little lap dog. Can she be just as happy bring the spoiled family dog as the center of someone's life? I am hoping someone feels the same way. It is great for other people to be able to do that, but it is just not for me. This got to be longer than I expected so thank you for reading!

Last edited by Sami_girl; 05-08-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Sami_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!