View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #14
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee11 View Post
Thanks SO much everyone! Just thought I'd let you know Lucys home now and so far everything is going good. I've decided to only let her puppies nurse one or two time a day and I will do the rest of the feeding with esbilac. The vet at the hospital said it was ok for her to nurse but then her private vet said it wasn't a good idea...so ? Has anyone had experience with eclampsia?
Lord, yes! I would supplement momma with calcium now...how many babies did she have and how much does she weigh? Really good, attentive mommas can have issues with eclampsia because they are feeding frequentyly and their calcium level drops....what are you feeding your momma? She needs to be on an excellent food specially formulated for lactating mommas....You will absolutely need to supplement her calcium and it wont hurt to cut back on the amount of time the babies nurse...how old are they now? Are you a breeder with experience because this is like a house of cards.....the entire thing comes tumbling down if just one card gets catty-wompus...I need to know how much YOU know about what you are doing, before I can really be of much help.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!