Thread: My Coco has IBS
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
carmen in nj
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

My Prada suffers from IBS, she is turning 4 in june, I don't home cook for her, she eats Wellness simple rice and duck kibble and wet, she is under the care of my regular vet and a holistic vet, she's been doing great since we added coconut oil to her diet. she eats only fruit and veggies for treats, like greeen beans, cranberries, mango, she also gets a teaspoon of plain whole milk yogurt every day at breakfast. For the first 6 months my vet had me give her 1/4 of a teaspoon of Tylan powder mixed with her soft food for breakfast, tylan is a low grade antibiotic after 6 months most of the symtoms had gone into remision and now she takes the tylan once a month. Tylan is not a cure for IBS but it helps by reducing the inflamation in the intestines. She was also on Reglan. You must follow your vet's instructions very close, IBS and colitis is a very painful and scary disease, I also have a bottle of Pedialyte home, at all times, the moment she starts vomiting, I stop all food and regular water and only give her pedialyte. I know exactly how you feel, I used to cry everytime Prada started showing the lightest sign of diarreah or vomiting. Prada was diagnosed with IBS and Colitis in February of 09, she was only 9 months old.
Hth,
hugs,
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!