View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
First of all, I would never leave my pups unattended for 10+ hours and definitely not to go in and out of a dog door. I let that go but you are a rescuer and imho should know better. You won't do it again...fine...but I am floored that you did not know know not to do that.

When poor little Gina was so severely injured you told me that she was better off in your home than in an emergency clinic overnight. I have no doubt that poor thing was in shock by the next morning. The post you made that day indicated that...and they could not do much with her.

Are you now telling me there is no emergency clinic in your area? I have also spent thousands in vet care recently having had 3 of my own pups requiring surgery. They don't choose to live here...I choose to keep them and I owe it to them to take proper care of them.

I am not trying to be mean. I am merely advising you to take a long look at your situation.
I appreciate what your saying - Yes, there is an emergency clinic here. The vet there is terrible, and yes, they'll get better care here at home since I have all the equipment to do EXACTLY what they'd do, minus the rough treatment and inexperienced care. I know many animals that have been ignored there and died from neglect. I know stories where animals that where suppose to be getting treated and be on IV fluids died in their care, and they didn't even have a spot shaved for a catheter. I'm not sure why they haven't been shut down, and have no basis for a claim since it's all word of mouth - But I trust the people I've heard this from. So no, I'm not comfortable going to the ER here, and do feel that when I can reach my own vet and discuss with her what we need to do, that they'll receive better care with me watching over them at night and her attending to them when her clinic is open during the day.

And I'm sorry - But THOUSANDS of people allow their dogs to have access to their yard through a dog door while they're gone. My neighbor checked in on them half way through the day and said they where fine when she checked on them. s**t HAPPENS. Is it something I normally do? Of course not, and will never do it again, but my neighbor didn't feel like she'd be able to get them all back in and in their crates so I did what I felt was best given my circumstances today - I had to go care for an elderly man who's near and dear to my heart and the staff at the rehab center he's staying in wasn't supervising him close enough. I couldn't leave to come home, he couldn't be left alone. So nothing about what happened today was ideal or the way I'd normally do things, I guess this is what I get for trying to help a dear friend out instead of making her hire a stranger to take care of her dad when she wasn't comfortable with that at all.

You have no room to judge me when you know so little of the real facts. The fact is I did what I felt was the best for these dogs, today wasn't a normal day, and I will never allow that to happen again, but it happened and Moose needs help, and that's all that really matters to me at the moment.

Last edited by Rescuemomma; 05-03-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!