View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
No disrespect intended here, but you have an awful lot of animals in your house for a person who does not have vetting funds. After this recent emergency I would hope that you might try to get your numbers down.
This is the second pup treated at home that should most likely be hospitalized...both of them. I don't care if you are a vet tech...I know that you know these pups are on the edge when that severely injured and need more than can be provided at home.
I will say prayers for Moose. I am so sorry he is injured so badly and suffering.
The only reason he's home tonight is that there is nobody there overnight. It was a mutal decision between me and my vet - It's either he comes home where I can monitor him and rush him to the ER if I have to, or he sits at the clinic where there's nobody there from 6 pm to 7 am. Same applies to Gina. When the clinic is open and a vet is there - The dogs stay at the hospital. At night when nobody is at the clinic, the dogs come home so I can monitor them, keep their meds on schedule, and give them better care then they'd get sitting in a cage with nobody around.

Yes, I do have alot of dogs - And normally funding isn't an issue, but I've spent $10,000 in the last month at the specialty center between one of my cats needing some major surgery to deal with a chronic eye problem that flaired up, another cat who's heart problems suddenly got worse and needed to get back to the cardiologist urgently, and my 15 year old Afghan who also has a bad heart. So yes, I'm hurting a bit at the moment, but perfectly capable of caring for the animals here under normal circumstances - there's just been alot of unexpected vet bills recently.

As for what happened with Gina - I was again in contact with my vet the entire time. I do as my vet advises, what do you think they do when your animals are hospitalized? Especially if the clinic isn't staffed 24/7 (and even many that are!)? Your dog sits in a cage and is checked in on by vet techs and if anything changes it's reported to the vet. During the day vets will check in on them every few hours usually at best unless they're critical. I've worked in many animal hospitals - And they almost all operate that way.

Last edited by Rescuemomma; 05-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!