Thread: My Coco has IBS
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
lhallab
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My Coco has IBS

I have been through a very long medical process with my sweet Coco. She started vomiting last Thursday. By Saturday, she was still vomiting. I took her to the vet and she gave her nausea meds, put her on a bland diet, drew blood, took an xray, and put her fluids in her back. I took her home and she continued to vomit. On Sunday morning, she was vomiting bile. I took her to the ER and they put her on an IV, took more xrays and took more blood. There was always a possibility that she ate something. Coco is a big chewer. They could not rule out an obstruction. I decided on Tuesday morning to let them do exploratory surgery. There was no obstruction. They did take a biopsy of her stomach and intestines. After the surgery, she continued to vomit. They continued her an IV, antibiotics and Raglan to control the vomiting. She did stop vomiting last night until they gave her antibiotics orally this evening. She started vomiting again.

Her doctor did call and give me the results of her biopsy. She has mild to moderate IBS. Tonight, they are giving her steroids, Raglan and her antibiotic. This has been an awful emotional rollercoaster. It is so hard to see your baby go through this.

Does anyone else have a Yorkie with IBS? How was it treated? Did your Yorkie vomit a lot?
lhallab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!