View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 09:30 AM   #53
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie
IMO....the "soundness" of the pup comes first and foremost....then you add all the "bells and whistles, i.e. nice coat, etc. A pup that possesses an even bite means he digests his food properly, and a compact body and straight topline, means his joints are in alignment. These are not qualities that are only for the priviledged Show Quality dog. This is all common sense....we need to take more responsibility when we purchase our pups. You know...in the "Horseshow World", it would be unheard of to ONLY trust the person selling you the horse. An unbiased outside vet or trusted professional would always come with to evaluate the horse. Why this is not done in the dogworld...I have no idea . For most people, this is a huge financial and emotional investment, whether for Show or Pet.

Francie
Great post, Francie.

Actually, though, Susan, requires that you take your puppy to the vet within 48 hours. However, things such as L.P. and and over-bite do not show up that soon in many cases. My Kia had a perfect bite at 12 weeks.

Sheila
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!