View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess12 View Post
My 3 year old yorkie has had diarrhea for three days now. She has been drinking water and eating well, even though she has been acting a little strange and not herself. Today, she has not been wanting to eat anything she has had water intake, but no food. Her diarrhea is like a real dark brown color and it almost looks like pudding. I called the vet and he advised to giver her pepto and take her off her regular food, to try and give her plain white rice, chicken or cottage cheese. I really want to avoid taking her to the emergency vet, everytime we are there the only thing they recommend is putting her to sleep. Is there aything I can give her or do to make her diarrhea go away.. PLEASE HELP!!!
I am really surprised that your vet didn't want her seen since this has been going on for 3 days. And I am more shocked that the ER vet recommends putting her to sleep??? What the heck is that about? Is there other problems here? I am sorry, I know you don't want to hear this but I think after 3 days of diarrhea she needs to be seen by a vet. The rice and chicken is good when they have tummy issues but I don't think that is the answer. The last time Rosie had diarrhea for days it was being caused by an infection and she had to have antibiotics. Is she running a fever?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!