View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #49
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
I think I will let her know. I know she doesn't have internet access and maybe she doesn't know?

I'm sorry about Kia's overbite. It's amazing how we can overlook things and just deal with them because we love them so much. But, I don't think the breeders should assume that we will. Whether or not that is the case here I think there is a responsibility to do their best not to let these things happen in the first place and to be upfront about them when they do. Susan was definately concerned when I said "Luxating Patella" but then when I said it was Grade 2 she was insistent that it was no big deal and all Yorkies have bad knees. I said that it IS a big deal. Then she started insisting that he injured it somehow, even though the vet said it's genetic. She didn't seem interested in discussing it further so I told her I would let her know if it gets worse. I just hope it doesn't.
Thanks, Erin. Kia's over-bite is a concern for me, because it scares me to death each year when my vet sedates her to clean her teeth. He is extremely careful with her, but still...I worry because if I lost her, it would devastate me. She is my constant companion. I really wanted another little 4# 'er with her baby face, but after the way Susan has handled the L.P. with your Loki, I cannot afford the risk.

I have to tell you, from talking to other breeders, I don't believe "All Yorkies have bad knees". There are so many wonderful breeders, right here, on this forum, striving to produce the healthiest Yorkies.

Since Susan doesn't have Internet access, I would send her the list. You never know, it might open her eyes to something.

I'm sorry about Loki, and I hope his L.P. won't get worse. But I am glad you posted about him, because people need to be careful.

Sheila
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!