View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #47
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieville200
Hi, Erin.

When I got Kia from Susan, I didn't realize she was breeding on such a large scale. No, I did not get to see Kia's sire and dam that day. I did see her sire in the show ring, a few years earlier. I didn't realize it was her practice not to show the sire and dam.

I think I would be inclined to let Susan know that the co-breeder is on the USDA list. She may, or may not know about it. If you don't feel comfortable in calling her, just copy the list and mail it to her.

Sometimes other breeders are deceptive.

(Heres' an example. {Just to clarify, Sydney did not come from Stardust.}The owner of my Sydney's sire, and the owner of Sydney's dam, were doing some breeding. One day I was at the sire owners house and she said, "Sydneys mom is here today for breeding". I went over to the crate and said, "That is NOT Sydneys mom". It turned out, that the owner of Sydney's Dam was lying and saying the breeding didn't take, then, taking advantage of a free repeat breeding and using a different female. When the owner of Sydney's sire, confronted this other breeder, the woman said, "You gave me the wrong dog back when I had her groomed." If that was the case, why did she take the wrong dog?!)

No, her tongue doesn't hang out. The over-bite is expensive. She needs an annual dental because her teeth don't line up when she chews, and she has to eat very tiny kibble. But, she's got the most darling little face ever!

Re: the guarantee. When I got Kia, Susan told me that if there were any medical issues in the 1st year, she would either take her back and replace her, (to which I replied, "I'd never be able to give her up") and she said then we'd work it out where she would pay part of the medical bills. She did say that she would want to know about any genetic issues at any time.

So, this is why I am so surprised that she was not concerned about Loki's L.P.

Sheila
I think I will let her know. I know she doesn't have internet access and maybe she doesn't know?

I'm sorry about Kia's overbite. It's amazing how we can overlook things and just deal with them because we love them so much. But, I don't think the breeders should assume that we will. Whether or not that is the case here I think there is a responsibility to do their best not to let these things happen in the first place and to be upfront about them when they do. Susan was definately concerned when I said "Luxating Patella" but then when I said it was Grade 2 she was insistent that it was no big deal and all Yorkies have bad knees. I said that it IS a big deal. Then she started insisting that he injured it somehow, even though the vet said it's genetic. She didn't seem interested in discussing it further so I told her I would let her know if it gets worse. I just hope it doesn't.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!