View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
alpayton
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

You have to consider the source when you get this type of thing told to you. First, the vet that sells Science Diet tells you that Science Diet is a good food. SURPRISE! Did you think he was going to tell you it isn't? That'd kind of be like McDonald's running a commercial that says Wendy's sold the better burger wouldn't it? Second, you have to spell out exactly what you mean to whoever you're asking it to. Meaning, if you want to know if Science Diet is a good food as compared to garbage, say that. If you want to know if it's the best feed that you can feed your dog for its overall longterm health, then that's what you need to say. There is a VERY big difference in the two statements. Most vets are concerned with the pet as just that...a pet. They don't worry about your dog as a breeder, a very spoiled dog, a wonderfully treated member of your family or anything else other than a pet. You could feed your dog caviar every evening, and it wouldn't make a darn to the vet. If your vet doesn't understand where you stand on the expense of taking care of your pet over the long haul, he can not make judgements of which feed you should feed or which feed would be the best. If you don't care what the cost of feeding your pet the best feed on the market is, then tell the vet this. That way, he'll have a better idea of where you stand before asking questions such as this. Does that make any sense at all?

Oh...and this was not directed towards anyone in particular...as I reread what I typed, it kind of sounded like I was talking to someone in particular...not so.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!