View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #41
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Loki is Stardust, I got him directly from Susan. I did my research and had a good impression of her. However, Loki was just diagnosed with a Grade 2 Luxating Patella. I called her immediately in case she wanted to get the parents checked and to find out of she had seen this in her lines before and she brushed it off as no big deal and all Yorkies have bad knees. I don't agree and I am upset about that. (It sure was a big deal with he had to sit out of an entire obedience class because his knee popped out, and when he couldn't even pee last week because he couldn't squat, and when the vet told me he may need surgery eventually!!)

Loki is beatiful, though big at 9 lbs he is skiny love and tall. She said he'd be around 7 and I don't think anyone would have predicted he'd be so tall and long. People go out of their way to tell me how cute he is. Again, HOWEVER, I was stupid and did not see his parents. She had him at her house and she did not have the parents. She said he was bred by a co-breeder in IOWA and she did not have the parents at her home.

He was 13 weeks old so I was satisfied that she was not trying to sell him too soon, but now I understand that they need to stay until they are 12 weeks to learn things FROM MOM. He is good around people and loves kids, but he is a bully around other dogs. We have socialized him from the beginning AND have done obedience classes once a week for his entire life - and he still growls and snaps at other dogs. He also has snapped at ME for taking things out of his mouth, etc.

He barks A LOT and growls and we do NOT encourage it. 99% of the time he is a wonderful dog, but with ALL of the positive training we have done EVEN allowing for the fact that he is a terrier I still feel that his temperament is not the best. I get embarrased when I tell people he is in advanced obedience classes yet he can't even behave at Petsmart around another dog. Again, my fault for not seeing the parents (and walking away when they weren't available.) I love him to death and waited my whole life for a dog, and he is super smart and a cool little pup, but knowing what I do now... I will get a breeder recommendation from my trainer next time. I won't go back.

P.S. Do any of you know why she does it like this? I did some research on the co-breeder and she is on Stewie'sMom's USDA list.

Hi, Erin.

Gosh, I remember when you first posted about getting Loki.

I'm sorry to hear that he has L.P. Who are his sire and dam? did he possibly injure his knee while playing? One of my girls: Sydney, injured one of her knees and tore the ligament, as well. She had surgery and recovered so well, even our vet has to check her records to see which knee.

I got one of my girls from Susan 7 years ago, this March. Kia is tiny, 4#s. and she is really feisty! "Talks" to me all the time!

Did Susan ask you anything at all about Loki's knee?

Sheila
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!