View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
pinkpatty
No Longer A Member

I have been a member of YT for over one year now. I primarily choose to read only, why cause many times this forum becomes a soap box for certain members to rant about puppy mills and back yard breeders. Certainly we all would like to stop puppy mills, but most people have to learn life lessons at their own pace. I have had the opportunity in my life to have always owned show quality dogs of many breeds. Except for my Standard Poodle, which came from England they have all had problems. So purchasing any dog, there can be problems. I purposely bought my Keno as a larger yorkie. I had hoped for him to weigh around 10 lbs. Well he is pushing 15 lbs and has lp in both back legs. He was purchased as pet quality and I saw both parents. He is akc registered and neutered, at the age of 6 months. Now I have had over 45 years of experience owning show dogs and pet quality akc dogs. Some from show breeders and some from backyard breeders. I can not say that there was that much difference in health of the dogs. The current trend of super small dogs in many of the toy breeds concerns me more than backyard breeders. Just my opinion.
pinkpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!