View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 05:50 AM   #10
Yorkiemomma78
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzy420 View Post
Most people on here are concerned about the pups, the pups come first on YT, thats what its all about, ADVOCATING FOR THE PUPS. Harsh advise and or admonishment is doled out in attempts to educate you and others who may come along and read the thread. There are many people here who are professionals, many people who are wonderful breeders and many people like myself who are simply experienced Yorkie owners, mods and admin, we are all here for the pups.

I can't count how many times someone comes on here and says I've been reading here a long time and just got my first Yorkie...then go on to complain that their dog is "too big", sickly, and describe all the red flags that were present... but purchased the pup anyway, all the things that had they read here, they should have known.

I wish I had known about Yorkie Talk before I purchased my Miss Mini from a Pet Store, as much as I love her, as much as I know I rescued her, as much as I have spent financially and emotionally, as much as I will miss her when shes gone, I WOULD NOT have purchased her.

Collectively, almost everyone on here is giving advice in order to better you as a Yorkie owner,so that your Yorkie is well cared for, and help aid anyone else who is reading to make good decisions. Some folks don't like to hear the truth because the truth is sometimes hard to hear.

People get heated up sometimes, because we are all passionate about the Yorkies, this is why we are here. Taking it personal? I remember I did a thread once when I was very very ill about canceling my pups appt at the vets. I got slammed, over and over again, I didn't get angry I thought "wow these people really care about these pups", I defended myself because I realized they didn't understand what I was trying to say, often the written word doesn't convey whats really going on. None the less, I did go to the vet!!!

Please don't expect true YT'ers to sit back and say "oh its ok you bought a teacup" "oh its ok you bought a puppy mill dog" "oh its ok you want to breed your great dane with your yorkie" etc., its not going to happen.

Most people see what the real intentions of the folks here are, we take our lumps cuz we know we deserve them, and because we respect those who have come before us!!! We stick around, like you because we know the true spirit of YT and although we sometimes have to take breaks, we come back because we all genuinely CARE AND WANT TO ADVOCATE FOR THE PUPS.
Good advice is always welcome-ALWAYS.
But alot of the time,whilst some people think that they are educating others and being helpful,what they´re doing is being judgemental and basiclly calling them idiots (beleive me,this is how it comes across)
Anyone who has seen a video or read about BYB,puppyills etc is NEVER going to support that kind of thing-NEVER,so coming down on a new owner like a ton of bricks because they have made a mistake that stems from inocent ignorance is not fair.Infact,most of the time,these people feel offended and insulted and they dont come back,so where do they go for help now? kwim?
Example..lets say a person joins and seems to have purchaised puppy from a breeder with a bad reputation.She joins,asks a few questions,mentions the background of her puppy and then BAM,suddenly she´s being attacked and acused of aiding puppymills and supporting BYB...
What exactly do we expect of this person? To give her puppy back? Leave? Take the judging and finger pointing with a pinch of salt? Shall we make her stand in a corner?
Lets face it,once she has her puppy,has fallen inlove with it,lets give her the advice she needs shall we? She made a mistake? Yes! Should we explain why? Yes.But that doesnt mean she has to face post after post of people telling her that she should of done her homework,that she did a terrible thing etc..Im sorry but I dont think thats OK.
There are many ways to get a message across without making someone feel so unwelcome
You (in general) care and want to advocate for the puppies,but remember,people who buy a yorkie do it because they love the breed too

We all love and advocate for the puppies..everyone who is already here and those who join-All of us.No one buys a puppy and doesnt care.Some people dont start reading about their pup until they buy it,that´s all,and we cant exactly shoot them down for that.I have three kids and I´ve never picked up a book..yet here they are (15,12 and 3 years old)..go figure

To the bolded part fo your post,I asure you that no one comes onto a forum like this expecting everyone else to applaud their desitions,but I dont think they expect to be so harshly judged either,and I hate to think they leave and havent gotten the advice or help they needed to make their puppys life more comfortable kwim?

Last edited by Yorkiemomma78; 04-21-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Yorkiemomma78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!