View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #7
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Most people on here are concerned about the pups, the pups come first on YT, thats what its all about, ADVOCATING FOR THE PUPS. Harsh advise and or admonishment is doled out in attempts to educate you and others who may come along and read the thread. There are many people here who are professionals, many people who are wonderful breeders and many people like myself who are simply experienced Yorkie owners, mods and admin, we are all here for the pups.

I can't count how many times someone comes on here and says I've been reading here a long time and just got my first Yorkie...then go on to complain that their dog is "too big", sickly, and describe all the red flags that were present... but purchased the pup anyway, all the things that had they read here, they should have known.

I wish I had known about Yorkie Talk before I purchased my Miss Mini from a Pet Store, as much as I love her, as much as I know I rescued her, as much as I have spent financially and emotionally, as much as I will miss her when shes gone, I WOULD NOT have purchased her.

Collectively, almost everyone on here is giving advice in order to better you as a Yorkie owner,so that your Yorkie is well cared for, and help aid anyone else who is reading to make good decisions. Some folks don't like to hear the truth because the truth is sometimes hard to hear.

People get heated up sometimes, because we are all passionate about the Yorkies, this is why we are here. Taking it personal? I remember I did a thread once when I was very very ill about canceling my pups appt at the vets. I got slammed, over and over again, I didn't get angry I thought "wow these people really care about these pups", I defended myself because I realized they didn't understand what I was trying to say, often the written word doesn't convey whats really going on. None the less, I did go to the vet!!!

Please don't expect true YT'ers to sit back and say "oh its ok you bought a teacup" "oh its ok you bought a puppy mill dog" "oh its ok you want to breed your great dane with your yorkie" etc., its not going to happen.

Most people see what the real intentions of the folks here are, we take our lumps cuz we know we deserve them, and because we respect those who have come before us!!! We stick around, like you because we know the true spirit of YT and although we sometimes have to take breaks, we come back because we all genuinely CARE AND WANT TO ADVOCATE FOR THE PUPS.

Last edited by lynzy420; 04-21-2012 at 04:08 AM.
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!