View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #5
Yorkiemomma78
Senior Yorkie Talker

Charlene,I think many many people would be so greatful to come here and have their questions awnsered without being judged
Im not new to yorke forums (not even this one)..I got my first yorkie (Lady) 8 years ago and thats when I joined a few different ones to educate myself on the breed.

Lady was T I N Y.She was under 2lbs at 8 years old,so you can imagine what she was like at 6 weeks old when I brought her home.I had owned a dog before her,so I wasnt worried about her age,but I had never owned a yorkie,so I was concerned about her size.I joined a forum and asked how big people thought she´d be and wow...NO ONE helped me.Infact,the only awnsers I got were "you shouldent have that puppy!!" or "what kinf breeder doesthat!?"..I even got acused of getting her from a puppymill..I mean come on! I live on a TINY island dedicated to tourism..we barely have room for living space,let alone puppymills! lol.
It wasnt just a one of thing either.Later,I got Jess and Chicco and the exact same thing happened.It didnt matter what I wanted to know or what worries I had,infact,people didnt even comment when I posted pictures,because aparantly,I was a bad person for having such a young puppy,so people ignored me.
There was only one forum back then that trully helped me,and although that place disapeered,I still have those amazing women on my facebook even today Villette (a veteran on here) is one of those women.

In different countries,there are obviously different rules,different habbits etc,and some people may not understand or agree with how things work..but EVERYONE deserves to be welcomed and helped no matter what.
No one should be given the cold shoulder just because they are uneduacted or because in their country,you can bring home a 6 week old puppy (my case).Someone is uneducated? Well that´s what this place is for right? They have a 6 week old puppy? Well,ok..it may not be ideal in many peoples eyes,but why not help so that the person does a good job raising his/her puppy instead of going on and on about how they shouldent have it yet?

Thankfully,I am plenty used to being told that I shouldent have my puppys yet,and asked why I do,so I wasnt surprised when I came back here and the same thing happened AGAIN..Its kinda getting old now lol.
This is why I always try to jump in and help those in my same situation and I will never judge anyone because I have no idea where they are coming from.Im very glad you started this post..Newbies join to be helped and to share their exitement,so help them and celebrate is all I´ll ever do
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!