View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
nanahas3
♥Love My Snuggle Bugs♥
Donating Member

Default Education With A Dose of Kindness

I wanted to post this to try and make some understand how people feel who come here and read about what they should and should not of done when purchasing their new puppy after the fact. I will state my experience hope it helps. When I was younger we had poms for pets and were very fortunate to have been sent to a show breeder who pampered them to get our babies...later many years later, I lost my father, closed my salon and all in a few months time and I was very lonely. My children suggested a yorkie and we started looking and asking. Noone we talked to could recommend anyone so there was sigh,,, the internet. That is how we found Laddy. I had never experienced a puppy mill before but when we drove 3 hours to pick him up I knew where he was raised was just wrongggggg. That being said I held this tiny sickly little guy in my arms and my hubby said he wasnt sure we should take him as he looked weak but I just knew he would die if I didnt. Some of you will say this was "enabling " the puppy mill owners and maybe it was to save his life but it was done from my heart. Fast forward....we bring Laddy home and the first night he won't eat or drink and is lethargic. You can find my paniced threads on here after I searched and searched on what to do for him and found YT. Thankfully back then people were not so judgemental and helped me get him over the hump and to a beautiful healthy dog. I did try to put a stop to the place who sold him to me but nothing worked as they are still in business. And yes laddy was only 9 weeks old when I brought him home I had no idea he should be older. I have said all this to say that if had been treated bad when I asked for help I dont know if I would of ever came back to YT again. I thoroughly enjoy all I learn here and that would of been a shame. Yes we all want honesty but sometimes a dose of kindness with it goes a very long way . Anyway all my YT friends I love this place and just had to get this off my chest as I have gotten a couple pms from new people who thanked me for being kind and were very hurt at the responses they had recieved from others. Not to say I have always been kind, i have reread some of my responses and have spanked myself over the way I worded them also. God bless everyone hope this helps us all to try to educate with kindness.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!