View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
loki
Yorkie Yakker

Default excellet ideas

What a fabulous idea to put the money away into a special savings account. I have been unhappy with our pet insurance for a while. I got the best plan- supposedly pretty much everything is covered. I thought it was great, until I realized how many little catches and rules there are that no one mentions to you. For example, you must already spend $200 on each category of care before you can claim anything. So I ended up spending alot more than I would have if I didn't get the insurance. And- when we got Loki neudered they had to remove a tooth at the same time because he had double canines- when I sent in the claim form i received a letter back saying that they don't cover dental work- that really annoyed me. Even though my yorkies health is so important to me, I can't stand these insurance companies, there are so many catches.
When I think about stopping the insurance it makes me nervous because I feel that something would happen just because I don't have the insurance anymore- but I guess it's something you have to risk.

But I do feel great about the idea of a savings account just for emergencies with the pup. Thanks for the great plan!
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!