View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Yorkiemomma78
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Fresh veggies and fruit for treats? (in moderation of course)

Right now,I wanted to start praising Milo & Bella for using the potty pads.We have tried clapping (the kids mainly lol) and petting them afterwards,but any exitement seems to make Milo very nervous,and he hides if we react at all..yet he isnt using the pads as often as I´d like as this point (it´s early days,I know).

I thought about giving them a small treat whenever I see them use the pad,but I remember buying puppy treats for my other yorkies and I really wasnt fond of any kind or brand.Some would make their poop smell AWFUL,give them gas or turn their poop funny colours,and I really dont want to be giving them anything too filling or artifitial between meals.

Would it be ok to give them small peices of carrott? (boiled so its not rock hard),peas (one at a time),apple etc?
I´d feel much better going with something fresh and healthy.

Is it ok to give them small peices of things like this at 2 months old? Years back,I tried using boiled chicken as a treat for the same thing,and that blew up in my face,because Lady never wanted kibble again after trying real meat,so I dont want to go with meat either..

What do you use as treats for your puppies?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!