View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

How old were your pups? "Excessive bleeding" in a tiny Yorkie pup can create all its own issues! Not often do you get excessive bleeding in puppies 5 days or under....and I dont think I have ever heard of a vet having excessive bleeding probles on pups less than 3 weeks old.....I have a VERY skepticle mind however, and if a vet told me that, my first quiet thought would have been to wonder HOW he executed the procedure and how many he had done before. My guess is he "cut" those tails off and it bled on that one....when they twist the tails off, it seals the tips of the tails, there is no bleeding and no need for suturing...but it MUST be done before day 5 from birth to do it that way. Please understand, I am NOT challenging the vet or his capabilities, I am just sharing MY personal thought processes when I hear this. My SECOND fleeting thought, as I tick questions and answers off in my mind, would be,"is there a bleeding/clotting issue with that baby, and did you check that baby's bleeding times....PT/PTT, fibrinogen, platelets, etc ....or perhaps he KNOWS why that baby bled? Just questions that come into MY mind......
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!