View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #37
YorkieRini
Livin' La Yorkie Local
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie mom
Well I guess im on the other end of the spectrum on this subject. I bought a male from Susan last yr. I was very unhappy with what i got. I specified what i was looking for and paid for and got the oppisite! I lost alot of money!
I had asked for a male 4-4.5# max told her which dogs others had that i liked and she knew i wanted him for stud i asked for a babydoll face. What i got was more of a terrier look long muzzel male that grew to be almost 7 pds when i placed him at 6 mo old. I never got to see him before i got him i just trusted she would send me what i had paid for. I was not happy at all
Make shure you see what you are getting jmo
This is not directed towards you. I am just shedding some light on how others may be able to avoid situations similar to yours. I am sure you were disappointed, but I think some of your heartache could have been avoided.

I don't know Susan, but buying something for breeding and trusting someone one else to pick it out for you is a gamble. Her idea of baby face may be different than yours, I have some friends that have the same taste in Yorkies as I do, but I would still prefer to pick out a puppy myself. And a puppy under 8 or 9 months is still a gamble IMO. I bought my stud at 2 yrs of age. There was no mistaking what I was getting (by the pictures anyway) but his age he was mature and in full coat and EXACTLY what I wanted. As for the size, some have growth spurts. As much as I THINK I know what a specific mating will produce. Something is bound to prove me wrong..hahaha...
Here's a prefect example:
I have bred Sutlan and Kricket 3 times each time the pups today range from 4-6 pounds..most being 4-5...there is one that was the same size as the rest until he was 9 months old and he kept growing..he's 8 pounds. I did not predict him to be that big but I certainly didn't guarantee he'd be a specific weight. The couple that owns him bought him and his 2 brothers so monitoring the growth spurts was very easy. I would have never guess Sultan and Kricket would produce an 8 pound Yorkie in that litter of 4....
YorkieRini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!