View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 04:21 AM   #32
abbie's mom
Lovin' 2 Girls
Donating Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_ View Post
I'm glad we are all on the same page! I set my BF straight this morning and he said he understood, so hopefully he doesn't do it again. He is much to trusting of people and doesn't see all the crazy.
I have left her in the car a couple of times, but I will probably never do that again. The times I have done it were only when I could keep a line of site on the car. So if someone started to go near the car I could run out. (so running in a place to pick up food) But she is soo quite and well behaved I can usually just steak her in. She is more sanitary than a lot of babies....so i don't feel too bad. LOL.

I just have to teach the BF how to behave if he wants to stay "daddy". Or he is just gonna have to be the BF and no longer the daddy.
Much relieved to read, this morning!

Don't wanna beat a dead horse , but adding a comment to leaving in the car even to run in somewhere. I really would not take her ANYwhere that you cannot take her in with you. A dog napping can be very fast, and if someone is really determined to have her, you might get hurt trying to save her when it all could have been avoided.

On a personal note: When Tulsa joined our family, dh took her to the vet's. I told him vehemently: Do NOT leave her in the car anywhere. Soooo...he stops at 7-11 for a drink (within sight of the car), leaving her in the car! Well, something made me ask about leaving her in the car, and he confessed: "But, I could see her the whole time." Boy, did he get a reaming out but good! LOL

It really is sad that we must be on guard all the time; but being the guardians of (any) toy breed is a mix of blessing and vigilance. Like someone mentioned earlier; I, too, find I don't walk my girls as much as I should - even in my (safe) neighborhood. It's sad to think that a pleasant outing is yet another 'on guard' time .

Thanks for the update and "thank" BF for listening!

Join today and remove this ad!