View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #13
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

I posted the news links on this story below

This type of situation makes me LIVID, because I can't help but wonder why it took so long for something to be done. This took place inside a small two bedroom house, it does not even sound like there were cages outside. Did they have any neighbors, family, friends, what about people that bought the dogs from them, no one said anything?? I could be wrong but in reading the story it doesn not sound like they were running a true puppy mill type of business selling to pet stores and brokers (or at least not at the end) so someone must have been to their home. What about the county animal control agency, that we pay taxes to support, when did they find out about this, one story says they were working with them to reduce the numbers, for how long ??? !!!! Then the follow up story or some of the comments said they knew for just a week. I feel both of these people have some type of mental illness that made them incapable of controlling a situation that may of started from a desire to sell puppies for money. Think about it, they lived in a small two bedroom house surrounded by the urine and feces of 350 stinking sick dogs, what type of people are capable of living like that other than mentaly sick, animal hoarder type of people. I am not sticking up for them, I am just disgusted that either no one knew about this or if they did they choose to turn a blind eye. Also when it comes to adoption I know I would not be first in line, who knows what type of expensive medical issues you would be facing down the line since they were most likely inbred over and over again. Just a very sad sad situation and I commend the many volunteers that are working tirelessly with these puppies and dogs. Aside from what happens to the couple I sure hope there is an investigation done on how this went on for so long.

Rescue of almost 350 dogs in Allegan County: 'I've never even heard of anything like this' | MLive.com

Allegan County Animal Shelter adoption form online here; homes sought for 350 dogs rescued from puppy mill | MLive.com

Dog owners arrested in Allegan County Animal Shelter puppy mill seizure case | MLive.com
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!