View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
chillcrunk10
Yorkie Yakker

Default new user, need advice

i posted this on the general discussion but im going to cross post this to maybe get seen by breeders eyes for help. im going to add a little bit more then was on there as well.

hi new user/kind of new to yorkies (been around significant others family yorkies for over a year on and off). so im kind of being thrust into a pickle thats not in anyway my fault but i want to make the best of it.

so long story short, their family yorkies were left alone due to whatever reasons and we found them tied up a few months back (1 male, 1 female). we were hoping for false pregnancy but i never really heard if they found out if it was or not until a few days ago when i got back in town. now i found out shes due this week and not much has been done to prepare her for her first liter. now being a broke college kid, i really cant help out with the expensive parts of the puppy birthing process (i did some research) but im just asking what to expect or any tips to look for. i want to make a whelping box for her and help make sure the puppies are ok because im going to probably end up having to take one to my house when they are old enough to leave (plus i want one). so im just nervous/curious because i have a feeling the puppies will come when im one of the only people around

i know she needs to get to the vet but like i said im a broke college kid and her parents think they can handle the birth since they have had larger dogs in the past that had several litters. im just worried because the female isnt a large dog, shes a 4 pound yorkie that is a year old
chillcrunk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!