Thread: Infection...??
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
ash04ley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Just got off the phoen with the vet. She has an appt. at 4 15 tomorrow.

The vet had asked me if i have shaved her belly. Which i did on Monday. She said i may have just irritated it. maybe shaving to closely or with too much pressure. I normally dont focus on that area at all with the razors. just trim when when the fur is so long that it gets moist when she goes potty. but i DID cover everywhere on monday. full grooming and nail trim. MAYBE i diiid do something?? Im still not convinced.. haha.

I have a very expensive emergency first aid hunting dog kit for my english setter and i have many things in there. The vet said to use The Pov. Iodine on her when i get home and then again before bed and keep triple antibiotic on it in between. If its just irritation from shaving then it WILL be practically gone by tomorrow. IF NOT then its a definate GET HER IN NOW. Im going to try it ASAP when i get home. Im having my fingers crossed that t will be cleared up! If i have any doubt AT ALL im bringing her in.

I recently switched vets due to disagreements and overcharges, and honestly...Im so glad. I have her cell number now in case i notice anything weird or see anything urgent and she was so informative and honest and wants an update in the morning via cell since she wont be in till 9. How awesome. I love the dedication.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!