Thread: Infection...??
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
ash04ley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Infection...??

Pheobe may have some sort of infection…?

Last night after work I noticed Pheobe’s vulva is very swollen . It’s red and the skin is very irritated. By irritated, I mean.. imagine a kind of thin scab type around the edges. Im trying to give the best example… Umm. Like a mild very light “rug burn” type of irritated and its quite swollen. Not the entire vulva, just around the edges where it meets her groin area. Im currently at work and am freaking out a little. I read on Debbie Jensens site a while back that a uterine infection (Pyometra) will cause the pregnancy to abort!!! I’m worried for Pheobe and her little ones… Oh MY GOSH.. I’m going to be calling the vet as soon as I can find time to get away from my desk. I wanted to consult you guys to see if anyone has seen this before or has any clue as to whats happening!Pheobe is still acting normal, eating, going potty just fine, being cute as ever ( haha), the usual..besides licking down there now and then. Pheobe was tested before being bred for any dog “STDs” and such. All was in the clear. Same for the male. Ugh…. Maybe im freaking out over nothing. But I don’t see how this could be “nothing”, you know?

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!