View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #54
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

I'm not sure how warm it is in Kansas, but a kiddy pool would be great exercise for her and her leg. Baring that your bath tub, filled with just lukewarm water.

I do know that not all pups enjoy the water, and I keep on posting this type of remedial for many types of injuries, for conditioning, for aerobic workouts, for strength building.

And while I think of this; a gentle suasion to do all you can to get your pups used to water; even if they don't become great swimmers, they overcome fear of water, and can splash happily in knee high water. Then when it is ideal to use water as a therapy tool, you don't need to overcome their fear of the water. A big step forward on that remedial plan.

Our Zoey really could take or leave water. Oh she enjoys on a super hot day to splash in the shallows, but even after 2 summers of going to the lake bi or trice weekly, it was only last summer, when we were at a cottage for 7days straight, that on the Very Last Day, she finally committed to swimming on her own, out for that toy she ached for all wk but wouldn't swim out to get!. She was coached by Mom over several summers, she had life jackets on, she got introduced slowly to the water; but no deal Mommy I don't wanna go out there over my knees!. So a natural water gal she is not! But it can be done with persistence and patience (mainly on your part).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!