View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #47
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Those kinds of injuries can be painful and debilitating until significant healing takes place. Can't recall, were you giving some gentle stretching exercises to start after a while to keep the muscle a bit mobile?
No, I haven't been doing that. My dr told me to tell her to put her leg up.
I am letting her walk a little bit in the house, but not very much. I thought that would help to keep her leg toned a bit. What do you think?

I would like to thank everyone. I've never dealt with a sprain before and this seems to be a humdinger, so to speak. She screamed when it happened and those of you who have had one get hurt know the scream I'm talking about. I was in another room and didn't see it happen.

I'm not sure yet, but I do think I see a tiny bit of improvement this morning, but it isn't very much. I think I see her standing on it a little. The only other injury she has had was when she tore the cruciate ligament in her right rear leg in two on Thanksgiving Day afternoon, 2008. She had surgery and was fine after eight weeks and has never had any other problem with that leg. This is the left rear leg.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!