View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
tw4sw
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
There are EXCELLENT, CARING, RESPONSIBLE breeders here in Houston and the Houston area! To be a member of YTCA, you have to be active showing your Yorkie. There are many breeders that do NOT show their dogs, but are reputable, caring, responsible breeders, and are therefore NOT referred by YTCA. You will find however, when breeders really are caring and responsible, they treat ALL their babies with the same devotion and care...they dont divide the babies into groups of, "These babies are just going to be pets, so I can go cheepo on how this group is cared for, wont waste time or money on these", or "This group is my nice bunch, so I can spend a little more time and love and money on this group, because I am going to price them higher", or "This is my really great group of babies, and I am going to fnance my summer vacation on these because they are my potential show puppies or breeders....will give ONLY this group excellent care, love and attention, because these are going for top dollar"! REMEMBER! When you want to buy from a reputable breeder, that person is spending an enormous amount of time, love, care, money, etc on that ENTIRE litter of babies...do NOT expect to contact a reputable breeder, wanting "a perfect, healthy puppy, with all the bells and whistles", for an UNREALISTIC price, simply because you only want your baby for "just a pet". "Just pets" are every bit as important to a reputable breeder, as the next show dog they may produce. They deserve all the same amount of love and attention as the other littermates. If you are wanting a Yorkie that is only appreciated by the breeder, as "just a pet, not a show dog", dont be stunned and amazed if you can not find a reputable breeder, having "buy one get one free" sales, or babies going for $300.00, or "buy your pet quality dog here, going cheap, going fast"!! I have been contacted by MANY people that want a healthy AKC registered baby, house broken, crate trained, current on all vaccinations and worming, micro chipped, spayed or neutered, well puppy health checks every 4 weeks since birth, etc., etc., etc, but since they "only want a pet", they think the value of that dog TO ME should ONLY be about $300.00-$500.00. ANY "reputable breeder" has invested more than that in pre natal care alone, before that litter ever hit the ground! The problem may NOT be you can not find a reputable breeder....it MAY be you can not find what you expect in your puppy, for pennies on the dollar.
Yikes!
I posted this question 7 LONG years ago. When I posted I was looking for a pet. Never meant or implied that I thought that a pet vs breeding one made one dog better than another. I also was not looking to get a pet "cheapo". Just so you know I met a breeder on here who I purchased my yorkie "Muffin" from for over a grand which is not "cheapo". I have been enjoying my dog with my family for the past 7 years. Thank you very much....
P.S. Guessing you didn't look at the date of this post???
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!