View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Oh my gosh! I went to a restaurant in Boston called Top of the Hub. Crazy, ridiculously expensive. I think I was only 21 at the time and my boyfriend was 24. We had NO money and saved for awhile and went for lunch instead of dinner.
Well I ordered a glass of white zinfandel and they had NONE, they ran down to the corner market to buy a bottle and then charged us like $15 a glass or something. I felt like I sullied their 'wine selection' by adding white zin into it. Then I could not read the menu because the whole thing was in French. So I ended up ordering the special, which was some seafood dish. When it came out, it was a 1/2 a lobster tail with the shell on, a shrimp, with the shell on, 2 sea scallops and a tiny bit of TINY diced veggies. I was horrified. It was good, but we paid about $150 for the meal and hit up McDonalds about 5 mins later for some food because we were both still HUNGRY! ggeezzz for $55 a plate, you would think there would be FOOD on it!!! LOL I was so disappointed I never went back. This is about 14 years ago!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!