View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #12
CoCos_Mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
I know many of the bigger dog owners do not have a clue that their dog just might decide that my little dog is a toy to pick up and shake. I agree with them that their big dog may be very friendly and then ask them if they have ever seen a dog as small as Gracie. None of them have. So how could they possibly know how how their dog would react? I just tell them that I don't want to take the chance of my dog being stepped on by accident. They don't know how frightening it is to have a 50 to 100 pound dog bounding toward your 5 pound dog. Gracie isn't afraid but I sure am. I'm not going to take a chance just to keep them from being offended.
I know that's right! Personally, I prefer dogs that are under 20 pounds because I am afraid of them. I have friends that have larger dogs and their dogs are well behaved, but if they get excited and run towards me, I do get frightened - and that's just me. My chihuahua is afraid of larger dogs, so it really wouldn't be cool for me to have her around big dogs, and with CoCo only being about 3 pounds right now, I can't take any chances. I don't want to offend anyone either, but the safety of my baby comes first.
CoCos_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!