View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

We don't have a dog park very close to where we live. I don't think I would take her anywhere that there strange big dogs. My previous dog was attacked by another dog and since that experience I get very stressed when other dogs approach me when I am walking my dog.

We have a very nice local park that has a picnic area and trails to walk on. Dogs are allowed there but not many people even take advantage of the trails with their pets. Gracie loves it and I feel very at ease there. I always pick her up when a larger dog approaches until I find out how the dog will react to her. Some dogs think that these little furry dogs are toys and want to play with them in a way that could be harmful. Always be ready to pick up your little one to protect him/her from other dogs. I know it may sound paranoid but it only takes one shake by a larger dog to kill or seriously hurt a small dog.

I think the attraction of a small dog park would be having a place where your dog can run off lead. I'm sure Gracie would love that but as yet we don't have one close enough to us to be useful.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!