Thread: Heart Attacks
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
Sarah515
YT Addict

Love Heart Attacks

I know that this is extremely off topic but I feel that it's important for us to be educated about our health, bc if we can't take care of our yorkies, who will?! I'm studying to be an Occupational Therapist and today in class, one of the topics we talked about was Myocardial Infarction (aka heart attack). I never realized until today that Women's symptoms are generally different than a man's, and knowing these symptoms can save your life!
The symptoms that everyone usually hear about are crushing chest pain, pain shooting down the arm, feelings of indigestion, etc. HOWEVER, in women, the symptoms can often resemble the flu (nausea, lightheadedness) and be accompanied by severe pain in the back like someone is stabbing you. My teacher's mother had these symptoms, but no traditional ones and the Dr. told her that if she waited 15minutes longer, she would have died. More women than men die of this bc they aren't educated about the symptoms and don't go to the doctor in time. Please pass the word on, you could save someone's life.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!