View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
jmdt
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Mine eat different foods, so they are fed separately. Sometimes I'll just stand in the dining room while they eat to make sure there is no stealing. They do know that they are expected to eat only the food in front of them though until the other is done and leaves the dish. Usually though, I crate Ry while he eats and feed Ellie in the dining room. He likes to poop about 20 minutes after meals anyway, so it gives his food time to settle. Then we take him out so he doesn't go inside. Baby gates would works if you won't crate.

Mixing things in is fine. I wouldn't recommend it though - unless you want them to come to expect it. Then you'll have dogs holding out for what they want. If they don't eat what you put down when you put it down, they will the next meal if they are hungry enough.
I guess tough love is the answer. I dont use baby gates to keep them from parts of the house that I don't want them in. I use those little garden fences they are about 12" high or so, they don't jump over them and I can easily step over it.

I will try to portion out their food once in the am and once in the pm. I took (chubby) Coco out for a nice little walk today.(which I never do) they just all play in the backyard. I was a nervous wreck looking out for other dogs that are gunna eat him. He could hardly breathe when we got home. I mean we only walked about 7 or 8 houses down and back.

Now that it's warmer I will try to do that with him especially, every day or so.

Wally and Trixie are fine with their weight. Trix is 15lbs and Wally is 5.5. I know Pebby is a bit overweight also so maybe I take each one every other day.

Wally is afraid of his shadow so he wont walk and Trix hates the leash. No matter what I have tried she has slipped out of. She's a scardy cat also.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!