View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Carmen, I have not tried this particular recipe. But, I have been cleaning my house for the last several years free of most chemicals. My favorite book is "Better Basics for the Home" by Annie Berthold-Bond.

Here are a couple of my favorite types of mixtures, and I've modified the recipes from different sources to suit my own tastes in terms of the scents and uses.

Windows, glass, mirrors -- club soda in a 32 oz spray bottle w/ 10 drops of essential oil of lavender, lemon, or sweet orange.

General purpose cleaning (kitchens etc) -- 1/2 tsp castille oil (I use Dr. Bronner's Rose Hemp) in a 32 oz bottle mixed w/ 50% white distilled vinegar and 50% water and 10 drops of essential oil of lavender, lemon, or sweet orange

Bathroom counters, toilet, etc - Same as general purpose cleaning formula but I switch to 2 drops of peppermint oil.

I love it, my house is very clean, it smells good w/o chemicals, and I don't die breathing anymore like I did when I cleaned w/ bleach and heavily fragranced products.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!