View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

I home cook for Rosie. I use a recipe from Dr. Rebecca Remillard. So I am answering these based on what I use for her. Rosie don't have allergies but has IBS and this has been great for her. So on to your questions.

1. Is it better to use white rice or brown rice in a home cooked dog food recipe? Our recipe calls for brown rice.

2. Are sweet potatoes and white potatoes the same in canine nutrition/recipes? Our recipe uses sweet potatoes.

3. I've seen olive oil and vegetable oil used in home cooked recipes but which is better? Megan is sensitive to fish so no fish oil. We use corn oil.

4. How much oil is safe to put over each meal? I don't want to cause any problems. For an entire day's meal we use 3/4 tsp of corn oil

5. Is there a good dog food that doesn't contain potatoes or fish? I am hearing that some of the foods are coming out using kangaroo. Apparently, they have been good for dogs with allergies. Not real sure on this. Maybe someone else has some information.

Good luck with finding the right diet. Does your site where you got the recipe from have a nutritionist who you could call?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!