View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Donnainohio63
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Can not believe I did it

I was cutting the dogs nails and I did Little Bit first and on the very first nail I cut to short and blood was everywhere. I was scared to death because I could not get it to stop bleeding. I called his vet and she called me back and said, Donna, Stop panicking. I have never seen a dog bleed to death because of a cut nail and believe me I have seen some bad ones. She told me to keep putting the corn starch on it and wrap it up so he can not lick it. He looked so sad with his little leg all wrapped up. She told me to give him half a pain killer and he would sleep and that it would stop bleeding. She said he needed to calm down to get the bleeding to stop and that the pain killer would help with the pain because it is very painful when you cut their nails to short. He went to sleep 20 minutes after I gave him the pain pill and he woke up this morning like nothing had ever happened. I felt so bad and I told DH that from now on they go to the groomer for nails. My eye sight aint what it use to be
Donnainohio63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!