View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

I feel both of the shots are important, most people agree with the Bortadella it prevents kennel cough and if you plan on taking your dog to the groomer, a play date, parks with other dogs, friends houses, pet store, training class and so forth this helps prevent that and it is relatively safe. A lot of yorkie owners will not get the Lepto because it is strong and the dog can have a reaction to it. If they did not explain it to you, it is to prevent against diseases they can pick up from small animals like racoons and possibly geese. Since I live on a lake we have a lot of those types of critters around so I feel it is important. There was a thread here on that subject not that long ago and the majority of people felt it was important. Breeders have told me not to get it, but they tended to keep their dogs inside and not take them many places, I however take my dog around like he was a lab. So you will need to decide if your lifestyle with you dog will expose you to possible infection. If you get the lepto get I like having it done early in the day and then keep an eye on your dog, this way if there was a reaction you can go back and not be forced into making an after hour drive to the ER Vet. Lesson learned on the vet visit, tell them at future visits no procedures that will cost extra until they discuss why, how much, and all the options with you. Sometimes me vet must think I am a B&%ch I make sure to find out how much everything costs before I even go in and I question everything.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!