View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
ErinsWhitney
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Best kind of hair tie for the top knots?

What kind of ties do you use on your yorkies for their topknots? I usually get the little pill-box full of colorful baby elastics from walmart in the kid's hair section. I use them on myself when I braid my hair because they blend better, and they hold her hair really well, but my issue is matting. She gets combed daily and her topknot redone, but it's usually starting to get stuck in the little tie by then. Last week I missed getting to comb her for a day, so her topknot went two days...horrible, horrible! I had to put morrocan oil in her hair and comb and pull that darn knot out. I thought I was going to have to cut it! It's always in the hair below the elastic, too. The little fabric ties don't hold her hair for more than 10 minutes, and the puppy bows/ties are actually worse than the ones I have. She is a cotton coat so she mats like crazy. Is there something anyone has found that wont tangle the heck out of their hair? I feel bad when I redo it because I usually have to cut the tie out to avoid pulling her hair. Surely that isn't how it's supposed to be...an almost painful daily ritual? For her sake.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!