View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Charlie_Boy2011
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Puppy sleep and behavior

Just curious. Does your puppy sleep a lot? Sometimes it seems Charlie sleeps a lot throughout the day although he tosses around so not real deep sleep. He is pretty mellow around me, but we are together almost 24/7. He does follow me around. Maybe I bore him? Maybe he is just so use to me being here? He is pretty excited and active when company comes over. If I take him in a fenced yard he jets and zooms like a madman, unfortunately I don't have a yard of my own to let him be free as much as I wish I could. I feel guilty about that so try to get in contact with a friend that has one which is sometimes not easy to do. I love when he is running wild like that!!!

I feel bad although I do a lot with him. When I'm online doing school work he just lays in his bed by me. Before I got him I was told he was very mellow and docile which is how he is with me. Sometimes to the point at which he is independent and doesn't have a lot to do with me, lol. Not cuddly unless we are lying down. He knows commands, but likes to just walk away from me or if you try to pet him or pick him up he gets wiggly.

Not sure what I'm asking here except does this all seem normal? I know all pups are different. Actually it's like I have two different personalities in one dog. The one that is a lazy bum and kinda like "whatever" to me and the one that is crazy/wild and squirmy when I have company.

I don't want to feel like I'm failing him!
Charlie_Boy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!