View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

I would also wonder about lactose intolerance. I had terrible colic as a child (many moons ago) - turned out I was lactose intolerant (diagnosed when I was going through this as a baby). My intestines got so inflamed I had bloody BMs as a baby. Once I was switched to no lactose, things got better.

I feel for you. Colic is terrible both for baby and mom. I have heard more mothers say over the years they sat up w the baby in tears and themselves in tears over it.

On the chiropractic thing, I know it is a hot topic, but I would not take a developing infant to one. I would be very uncomfortable w a chiropractor manipulating the bones/joints of an infant. They are such fragile little things at this stage and can be quite wiggly while healthcare personnel attempt to work on them (we prefer to work on them after they've been fed and are a little sleepy, but that is obviously not possible all of the time).

I don't know if a women's healthcare clinic/facility in your area would have a class on infant massage. I've heard this can be quite relaxing to both baby and mom, plus it also helps build the bond between the two.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!