View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
citygirl123
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'm not sure I have any good advice...trial and error...to figure out what might be going through the breast milk and making him colicky?

I did have a colicky baby. My second born girl, Holly. Someone had given me a box of See's candy in the hospital. I was eating one or two everyday. We thought maybe it was the chocolate affecting the breast milk because when the candy ran out, the colic stopped. Not sure if that was it or not, but it seemed reasonable at the time.

It is good that you have someone like a nurse to talk to about it.
I know it is hard, but it will get better eventually. Saying that probably doesn't help you, but it is true that one day you will look back on this.

Mom being 100 miles away doesn't help. I wouldn't vent to her anymore. Take a deep breath before you talk to mom and dad (I would pray.) Then tell them a few good things and hang up. Find another person to talk to. Can you get out of the house for a few hours? Sounds like you could use a break every few days.

If your baby has a need to suck, don't wear out your nipples...use a pacifier. The baby will learn to adjust to that. It also makes it easier to pass the baby to someone else to hold for a while.

I'm not sure any of my words will help you, but I do wish you the best and will be praying for your little one to start adjusting and settling down.

Last edited by citygirl123; 02-20-2012 at 11:57 PM.
citygirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!