Thread: Help ! Fleas?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
BJBEVSBABY3
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thanks Gracie. I got her from a breeder of Maltese and Yorkies. She raises show dogs and sells the others for pets. I never thought she had fleas. The vet upon examination just took a flea comb and combed through her she was so tiny and a few white flakes showed up in the dark hair. He said that was an indication of fleas and I had to have flea medication. Now every time I see a white flake freak out. I have NEVER had fleas on any of my dogs and I know what they look like. The ear, I think she may have had a slight infection and the meds they gave me cleared thst up. There are about 6 vets in this practice and you get a different story from each one. There are two who own it. I like the other one but they try to schedule me with the same owner each time. Their charges are different also. Last time he gave her shots he said she is in great shape. I said Finally you say something positive. I realize the size means dividing the shots. The Breeder told me that but I go to them because they are so close, very popular and well known. Took our Doberman to them years ago but that vet retired. I appreciate all the feedback. No one around my neigborhood has a dog like this. Muts or one has what I call a Junk Yard dog. Barks and chased my husband when he cut grass. I don't take my Yorkies around other dogs out here and they are so small a long walk is almost more than they can handle so i play ball with BJ and race with her up and down the hall. She gets exercise. When the weather gets nice we have a fence enclosed patio my son put on for our beloved Dee Dee. Room to run and lay in sun and see outside also potty. I hose it off.
BJBEVSBABY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!