Thread: Help ! Fleas?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBEVSBABY3 View Post
Kathy they have given her so many shots and said she had ear problems, gave me medicine to put in her ear. I thoought they said it was advantage, he put it on the top of her coat and rubbed it in. The flakes are not mites, I know them they do look like dandruff. I bathed her last night and I did not see anything. I combed her coat and pulled it apart and looked for any sign of bites. I wonder if they are tellling me things that are not true. I just lost my husbnad four months ago and I am not speaking up. Also it scares me because I lost my first yorkied 5 weeks after I lost my husband that is way I have BJ.
Is there another vet you can take her to? I don't know how many shots they have given but it should say on your receipt what they are doing and what they are charging you for. If you got your puppy from a good clean breeder it should not have had fleas or ear mites or ear infection. If you got it from a back yard breeder or a pet store then you may actually have some issues. Advantage is a very good flea treatment that is applied between the shoulder blades once a month. If the pup does actually have an ear problem and is itching or digging at the ears then you need to treat it. If you suspect your vet then you really need to find another one.
You did get your puppy at a very young age so it would require more sets of shots than an older pup would need. They can only give a little bit of the immunization at a time with pups.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!